With their creative talents, gifted individuals can make a useful contribution to innovations within organizations. Highly gifted individuals possess many more creative possibilities than the average gifted person.
To make use of their innovative ideas and to implement them, however, an effective interaction between gifted individuals and their work environment is essential.
How do gifted individuals contribute to innovation?
- The gifted individual can easily identify the relationships between goals, missions, and assignments.
- The gifted individual has the ability to focus intensely on the content.
- Arguments based on content are key.
- Habits, traditions and social pressure are quickly spotted. If these seem to be in conflict with the content, they are discarded as being irrelevant.
- Thinking ‘outside of the box’ is second nature to them.
- Switching between one’s own professional area and other disciplines is no problem at all.
- The opinion of a formal authority does not weigh any heavier than…
View original post 467 more words