I love lists, especially when they’re happy lists. This one, from Marc and Angel Hack Life, has 88 ways to make someone smile. Here are the first 10:
- Smile often.
- Hold a door open for someone.
- Pay for the person in line behind you.
- Send a hand-written thank you card to someone who assisted you with something.
- Clean out all your old clothes and donate them to someone in need.
- Give a compliment about a waiter, waitress, sales clerk, etc. to his or her manager.
- Compliment a stranger’s appearance. Flatter them.
- Leave encouraging post-it notes in a library books and other random places. (Read Operation Beautiful.)
- Help an elderly person carry something.
- Send flowers to someone anonymously.
I’ll bet the world would be a far better place if we could all get through these but here’s the rest of the list, if you’re feeling particularly ambitious: http://www.marcandangel.com/2011/05/08/88-ways-to-make-a-stranger-smile/